Latest News Module
The Latest News module is one of the best dynamic features of Joomla. It allows you to dynamically generate a list of the most recent news articles that have been input into your site.
- Create a new module
View the Create a New Joomla Module tutorial for instructions on how to create a new module.
- Define display parameters
View the Create a New Joomla Module tutorial for instructions on how to define the Details and Menu Assignment parameters on the left side of the screen.
- Define Latest News parameters
- Count: How many articles do you want to display in the list?
- Order: In what order should the articles be displayed?
- Authors: You can narrow down the articles to a specific author.
- Front Page Articles: Do you want to display articles that are shown on the home page? If you select hide, only articles that are NOT shown on the home page will display in your latest news list.
- Section ID: You need to go to Content > Section Manager to find the section ID that you want this list to be narrowed down to. You can find the Section ID in the far right column of the Section Manager list
- Category ID: You need to go to Content > Category Manager to find the category ID that you want this list to be narrowed down to. You can find the Category ID in the far right column of the Category Manager list
- Module Class Suffix: Do you require a module class suffix to stylize the module the banner is placed in? If you are unsure, check with the developer of your Joomla template.
- Click save to save your work.