Creating New Joomla Modules
- Open the Module Manager
Go to Extensions > Module Manager.
- Create a new Module
Click new in the top right corner of the Module Manager.
- Select module type
- Click the radio button for the module type you want to create.
- Click the ‘Next’ button in the top right to continue.
- Define Module Parameters
Each module type has a different parameters screen. The following screenshot shows the Polls module parameters screen.
The left side of the screen is the same for every module. The right side of the screen will be specifically for that module type. Look at the tutorial for a specific module type for instructions on parameters for the right side of the screen.
- Title: Put in the title of your module here.
- Show Title: If you want the module title to show when the poll is displayed on the site, select ‘Yes’. This has nothing to do with the Poll title that you put into the Poll component.
- Enabled: Do you want this module to show or be hidden? If you want it to show, select ‘Yes’.
- Position: This is the module position on your template. If you are not certain of how to find the module position, read How to Preview Your Joomla Template tutorial.
- Menus: This tells the system what pages on your site you want the module to appear. You can have all pages, or you can select specific pages. Note that the pages are based on menu items that you created.