Before you begin editing articles, we recommend that you change the editor in Joomla. The core editor for Joomla is very basic, and it sometimes requires greater technical knowledge to manipulate.
We would recommend you download and install the JCE Content Editor. This is the editor we will use to explain how to edit articles. In the cases where JCE is different from the core editor, we will provide links to tutorials that give further instructions.
Install the JCE Content Editor
- Download the com_jce_157_154_package.zip from the developer’s website.
- Go back to your Joomla administrator panel, and select Install/Uninstall from the Extensions menu.
- In the first section of this screen is the Upload Package field. Click browse and go select the zip file on your computer.
- Click “Upload File & Install”
- Congratulations, you just installed the editor. You should now get a confirmation screen letting you know that the installation was successful
Assigning the JCE Content Editor to a User
Once you install the editor, you have to tell Joomla that you want to use it when you edit articles. When you install Joomla, the default editor is assigned to every user in the system. When you install a new editor, you will have to assign it to every user who wants to use it.
- From the site menu (far left), select User Manager.
- Look for your name amongst the users, and click on your name to edit your user preferences.
- On the right hand side of the screen, the third drop-down says User Editor. From the drop-down, select Editor – JCE.
- Click save in the top right corner.
Congratulations! You have just installed your first Extension in Joomla, and you have configured it so you can use it. Wasn’t that easy? Now you’re ready to edit your articles.…